Ok, so I use the term “deodorant” loosely – because it *technically* eliminates underarm odours, but it’s not used in the traditional sense. That is, it is not something you apply in the morning and leave on during the day. It’s also not an anti-perspirant, so you’ll still sweat (which, as they say, is the healthier route to go).
It’s more like an armpit wash – you spray it on liberally before a shower, wait about 5-10 minutes, then rinse it off. Overtime, you’ll notice that your underarms won’t smell as bad. And eventually, it’ll stop smelling for the most part.
The vinegar is said to work by neutralizing odour-causing bacteria. Same way people clean their houses with vinegar because it’s got that odour-fighting property, it’ll do the same with your pits. I’ve also created a YouTube video showing how I made this, so I’ve included it in this blog post.
- White vinegar
- Atomizer/Spray bottle (I repurposed the bottle and the spray head)
- Essential oil(s) (optional) (I like to use sweet orange oil)
- Fill your spritzer bottle with vinegar.
- Add a few drops of essential oil, if using.
- Close up the bottle, shake and it’s ready to go.
- Spray underarms liberally with vinegar solution.
- Leave on for about 5-10 minutes (I’ll use this time to brush and floss my teeth, apply a clay mask, wash some handkerchiefs, clean any other hand-wash-only clothes, etc)*
- Shower off with water and go about your day.
- Repeat daily.
- *If you have ultra sensitive skin or a cut/open wound, the vinegar may sting. If that’s the case, rinse off immediately and discontinue use.