So last time I uploaded a recipe for “The Best Salad Ever”, I stumbled upon this image, “The *Actual* Best Salad Ever” and the two salads looked nothing alike…LOL. I suppose it was my own fault for making about a bajillion substitutions (based on what I had at the time), but it still tasted good, lololol.
Here’s the recipe for this one – you can play around with the amounts of each ingredient, depending on what you like :). Try them both and let me know which one you like better.
- 2 cups mixed leafy greens
- 1 leaf of green cabbage
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 carrot
- 1/2 tomato
- 1 avocado
- 1 mango
- 1 small sized sweet potato
- 1 small sized beet
- Handful of Sunflower Seeds
- juice of 1/2 small lemon
- drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Cut cabbage and onion into thin strips.
- Shred carrot.
- Chop tomato, avocado, mango, sweet potato, and beet.
- Toss all vegetables and fruit into mixing bowl.
- Squeeze lemon juice on top, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil and mix.
- Top with sunflower seeds when ready to serve.