So easy. This is so easy.
I generally don’t like too many ‘things’ muddying the taste of my avocado, so about 95% of the time, I just season it with a bit of sea salt. Knowing full well that that isn’t really a ‘recipe’, lol, I also left some ideas on which spices work well in an avocado spread.
Serves: 1-2 (let’s be honest here. I know a serving of avocado is *technically* half, but I
usually, nay, *always* have one to myself 🙂 🙂 :))
- 1 Avocado
- Sea salt or Herbamere
- Ezekiel bread
- Cut the avocado lengthwise, tracing the knife around the pit.
- Twist to open and remove the pit (which you can grow into an avocado plant, LOL)
- Scoop out the avocado meat into a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add a sprinkle of salt or herbamere and combine.
- Spread onto bread/toast/crackers and enjoy.
- Sea salt, black pepper, paprika, and chilli flakes.
- Sea salt, black pepper, and a squirt of lemon juice.
- Add some smoked salmon on top.
- Under-ripe avocados should be stored at room temperature until it’s fully ripened before refrigerating – and once that happens, you have a small window of a few days to eat it when it’s perfectly ripe. Refrigeration stops under-ripe avocados from fully ripening and doesn’t taste as good.
- To identify a ripe avocado, it should have a slight give to it, when you press your finger into the fruit. The stem should come off pretty easily and show green underneath. If it’s brown underneath, it’s overripe and if it doesn’t come off, it’s underripe.