So the colours of this salad remind me of the creature from the Black Lagoon – that’s obviously where it got it’s name from. It was a salad I threw together using stuff from my backyard (kale and mulberries) and it turned out surprisingly well. Since mulberry season is much too short and the window of harvesting is short, use any berries to give sweetness to this salad. 😀
- 1 Tablespoon strawberry jam or strawberry puree
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- handful of black kale (or dinosaur kale will give you the ‘creature from the black lagoon’ colour)
- handful of regular kale
- 3 Tablespoons chopped, cooked broccoli
- 1 Tablespoon chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- handful of mulberries
- Make dressing by combining strawberry jam/puree, balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil in a bowl. Set aside.
- Tear kale into bite-sized pieces, toss with broccoli, tomatoes, seeds and mulberries. Pour dressing on top, combine and serve.
Here’s a video on how I did it: