I’m a big fan of curry. No matter what type of curry, I don’t think I’ve ever come across one I didn’t like. Except for the burn-your-tongue-suicidal-spicy one that I had – and even then, the flavour was amazing! I was just distracted by my leaky nose and watery eyes, that’s all. LOL.
This recipe was loosely based on a Jamie Oliver one from Meals in Minutes.
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 3/4 cup water or broth
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 chopped shallot
- 1 chopped garlic
- a splash of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 chopped potato
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tomato
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon himalayan sea salt
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Splash of fish sauce, to taste
- Garnish: cilantro, scallion, Thai basil
- Over high heat, bring quinoa and broth to boil. Reduce to medium heat and simmer until liquid is completely absorbed into quinoa. Remove from heat.
- In a separate pan, heat ginger, shallot and garlic until slightly brown, then add a splash of olive oil.
- Add chopped potato, curry powder and 1/2 cup of water. Cook until water evaporates.
- Add chopped tomato, coconut milk, sea salt and soy sauce.
- Cook until potato is soft, then add cooked quinoa and kale.
- Once kale is softened, remove from heat and add fish sauce, to taste.
- Garnish with scallion, cilantro and Thai basil.
Here’s an extremely quick video on what I did: