The thing I love about technology is that you can share just about everything online. I can’t remember where I first got the idea to make a sushi-like roll with cucmber as base, but it was definitely online and it was definitely not my original idea.
But I took the idea and ran with it and I even had help arranging this end-piece to look so artistic.
- 1 cucumber
- 1 carrot
- Pea Sprouts
- 2-3 sticks of imitation crab meat
Ingredients for Garnish/Dipping sauce:
- 1 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon of Miso paste
- Cut a cucumber in half and cut off the pointed ends. Scoop out the centre and keep for another project (I keep it to use in the juicer).
- Julienne-cut the carrot and tear the imitation crab into strips.
- Take a small bundle of carrot, imitation crab and pea sprouts and feed it through the centre of your cucumber. The bundle should be almost as big as the hole in the cucumber – it’s much easier to push the entire bundle through once rather than pushing some strips first and adding to it.
- Use a sharp knife and cut through the cucumber, about 1-inch thick, like sushi and plate.
- Separately, combine miso paste and mayonnaise to use as dipping sauce.
- If the crab is still frozen, you can boil it until it’s heated through first.