I love coconut products – I put it in everything. I know, I know, there’s this whole running joke that all nutritionists do is recommend coconut-everything! But admittedly, coconut to me is like butter is to Paula Dean or the Barefoot Contessa. If I had a Food Network show, I’d have coconut products in every freakin’ episode.
I’ve had it in my coffee and my orange pekoe. Totally delicious. I thought it would be weird, but it wasn’t.
So, my new adventure is this delicious concoction!
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2-6 squares of a dark chocolate bar (I went with 70%, because it was what I had on hand but my favourite percentage is 85%. How many you add depends on how big your chocolate square are)
- Marshmallow (optional)
- Cinnamon stick (optional)
- Over medium heat, heat milk with chocolate until melted, stirring constantly.
- Pour into large cup and mix with milk frother
- You can totally do this without a milk frother (it’d still taste the same), you might just see a bit of a separation between the coconut milk and the chocolate, but it really is no big deal.